Your privacy is important to us
Last Updated: May 2014
1. Websites Covered
2. Information Collected
The types of information Cloudbook collects (“Personal Information”) may include:
- Information you provide to Cloudbook - When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, Cloudbook may require you to provide personal contact information, such as your name, your company name, your job title or role, your address, your phone number, and your email address.
- Website navigational information - Cloudbook uses commonly used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons, to collect information as you navigate Cloudbook’s Websites (“Website Navigational Information”). This Website Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type, version, and language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on Cloudbook’s Websites (such as, pages viewed, links clicked).
- Information you publish to Cloudbook blogs or public portals – Cloudbook’s Websites include public blogs, portals, and elements of the Cloudbook’s free Website that allow Visitors to submit and publish comments.
- Billing information – For certain editions of our Services that are purchased using a credit card, Cloudbook requires you to provide billing information, such as your billing name and address, and your credit card number.
- Information you provide to Customers – A capability of the Services allows Customers to request registration gifting information from prospects to view Customer’s content. Cloudbook is not responsible for the information practices of its Customers, and does not access this information except with Customer's permission to provide the Cloudbook Service, Support and assistance.
3. Use of Information Collected
Cloudbook uses data about Visitors and Customers to perform the following actions:
- To respond to your request - such as to create a Cloudbook account, provide login information for a webinar for which you have registered or provide technical support.
- For marketing purposes - Cloudbook may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in the Services and to send you information regarding Cloudbook or its Services.
- To improve Cloudbook’s Websites and products - Cloudbook may use Website Navigational Information to provide Visitors and Customers with relevant content and in the aggregate to identify trends and usage patterns.
- To deliver messages that help you use the Service – As part of helping its Customers use the Service effectively, Cloudbook communicates with its Customers about new features and product releases, best practices, scheduled site maintenance notifications, customer events, and more. To increase the relevancy of this information, this may be customized to your designated user role within the application (for example: administrator, author), products or editions you have specifically licensed, or your usage of the application.
- To process your payment - Cloudbook uses credit card information solely to process payment for Services for which the Customer has provided that information. Cloudbook utilizes a third party payment service to process credit card payments. When you provide credit card information on the Site, that information is sent directly to the third party payment service. Cloudbook does not have access to your full credit card number and does not store such information in its own systems. Information transmitted to the third party payment service is encrypted using SSL software. The third party payment service is required to comply with all applicable privacy and security laws and the rules and regulations issued by the credit card companies. Cloudbook is not responsible for the third party payment service’s failure to comply with such laws, rules and/or regulations.
- To deliver the features of the Service – Customers use the Service to Create, Share, and Track their stories. As part of the Gifting and Sharing features, Customers and Giftees may provide the email of the person to Share the content with, and this information is used only to perform the Gift and Share functions. Tracking information includes the date and time that a content was viewed, what portion(s) of the content were viewed and in what order, and responses to questions or surveys. Individual information may be associated with this tracking information, either through information you provide to the Customer or by a unique identifier that the Customer has associated with an individual and has passed to a personalized presentation URL. Reporting and Notification features enable Customers to receive tracking information via emailed reports or to pass data to their other systems. Cloudbook does not use or access individual information collected by its Customers in their use of the Services except with permission in providing Support and assistance. Cloudbook does not sell this information.
4. Sharing of Information Collected
Cloudbook occasionally partners with third parties who co-sponsor events with Cloudbook (such as webinars and other live events). In these cases, both parties may share Personal Information that you provide when registering for the co-sponsored event to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you. While Cloudbook chooses to partner with reputable third parties that respect your information, Cloudbook is not responsible for the information practices of its third party partners.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
In the event that Cloudbook is a party to a merger, acquisition by another company, or its assets are entirely or substantially acquired , your personal identifiable information will be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Website for thirty (30) days or the time frame as defined and required by statute and/or regulation of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information; information concerning deletion and/or removal of your personal information or any changes that you wish to make to your personal information will be made available at that time.
Cloudbook offers Customers and Visitors who provide contact information a means to choose how Cloudbook uses the information provided. Visitors and any recipients of marketing messages from Cloudbook may click on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Cloudbook’s marketing emails.
Some email communications are part of the Service(s), such as the ability to receive reports or view notifications via email. For help in managing these emails, contact support@Cloudbookinc.com.
Customers do not have the option to cancel receiving transactional emails related to their account with Cloudbook or the Service(s). For our individual user products, this means we need to communicate with you as the account holder. For our enterprise editions, Cloudbook needs to communicate with your primary business contact and/or site administrator(s).
Customers at anytime may close their accounts by notifying us at email@example.com.
Public Blogs, Portals, and Customer Articles
Cloudbook’s Websites include public blogs, portals, customer articles, and elements of Cloudbook’s free Website, Cloudbook.net, that allow Visitors to submit and post articles and comments.
Any Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these sites. Cloudbook is not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit to public sites for posting. If you do not want information to be public, please do not post it to these sites. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, portals, or customer articles contact us at support@Cloudbook.com. In some cases, Cloudbook may not be able to remove your personal information, but we will notify you via email if we are unable to do so and briefly explain the reasons.
Transfer of Information
European Union Safe Harbor Principles
Cloudbook complies with the U.S- E.U. – Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union. Information regarding the E.U. Safe Harbor Framework can be found at https://www.export.gov/safehrbr/list.aspx.
Cloudbook’s Websites and the Services are not directed to Visitors under 18. As Cloudbook provides Services to businesses and business professionals, Cloudbook does not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Cloudbook with Personal Information, he or she should contact us at support@Cloudbookinc.com. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information through our Site, please notify us at the contact address below so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, to allow only the appropriate exercise of users' Personal Information while also protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of users' Personal Information, Cloudbook employs a variety of industry standard security technologies. Security is provided on the data, application, and hosting level. The security infrastructure includes a physically secure data center, proven firewall protection, intrusion prevention measures, role based authorization, and additional proprietary security measures. Additional security of Customer login and presentation content is provided as part of Cloudbook's Services. Please refer to the Features Section of the Website for more information about included features and options that can be configured specifically for Customers’ needs. These options vary by the product licensed.
Cloudbook limits access to users' Personal Information and data to those Cloudbook and third party persons who have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such information. Cloudbook employees and third party persons who have access to users' Personal Information are made aware of their responsibilities to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of that information and have been provided training and/or instructions on how to do so.
When you enter personal and/or sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on Cloudbook’s order forms, Cloudbook will encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We do not store credit card information.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete inaccuracies, and/or have it removed by making the change(s) on our member information page or by emailing us at support@Cloudbookinc.com. We will respond to your access request within thirty (30) days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as it is needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at support@Cloudbookinc.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Additional Important Information
Cloudbook uses a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing and live chat support. These third party service providers are not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information or Personal Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing and providing customer support on Cloudbook’s behalf.
Customer Referral Program
If you use our customer referral form to tell a colleague about our site, we will ask for their name, email address, company name, and phone number. Cloudbook will use this information to contact them once by phone and once by email solely to follow up on your referral. To have their personal information removed from our database they may contact us at support@Cloudbookinc.com.
If you are a Customer and would like help managing your communication preferences, please contact support@Cloudbookinc.com.
5205 Prospect Rd #135-230
San Jose, CA 95129
© 2014 Cloudbook, Inc. All rights reserved. Cloudbook, Crowdstory, and all other trademarks referenced herein are trademarks of Cloudbook, Inc.